Monday 10 October 2016

And BINGO was his name



The majestic POWSA Towers sits amongst glorious parkland here in my mind palace, and it just so happens that this parkland was recently being used by a troupe of boy scouts for a jolly jamboree. As much as it was fun watching them learn to whittle (knife skills badge), build improvised shelters (woodcraft badge) and start fires (pyromaniac badge), the part I most enjoyed was hearing their lovely sing-alongs of an evening. It was far nicer than the month before when we had the Monmouth Rugby Club ladies team here, their songs were of a somewhat coarser nature.

One of my favourite toe tapping, hand clapping numbers was B-I-N-G-O was his name, a delightful song of a farmer and his best friend a cheeky pooch called B I N G O. All of which really brings me nicely onto the subject of the first family event that we at POWSA are hosting this year, Family Bingo. (No, it's not about families of dogs roaming wild, that was merely a useful tool to introduce the subject of Bingo and it gives me an excuse for a gratuitously annoying You Tube clip just here  )

So if you think you can be faster than Granny down at the Mecca, able to handle more cards than Grandpa at Christmas or even fancy a fun evening out with the kids please join us. There will be some prizes (and chocolate) on offer for winning lines and books of bingo cards are very reasonably priced. It's held here at school in the hall and all are welcome. So come along, bring some pennies and eyes down, first one to complete a line is a winner.....




1 comment:

  1. The clip is so cruel, had to stop myself repeating the song every length, that's 72! Instead I worked out how many pennies I would need if 5 children bought books at an average cost of £5.75 each and the speed it would take to buy them at the third decimal place of 84,917.816 seconds. Please write your answer in letters, remembering capital letters, full stops, mathematical punctuation for the number 6 in the equation! Please send all entries to
    'I don't know,
    PO Box Bing0'

    ReplyDelete